This Site is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
- THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title.
- Contact Data includes address and email address.
- Financial Data includes credit or debit card details used to purchase a paid subscription.
- Transaction Data includes details about the Services you request when on you are on our Site.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this Site.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our Site and Services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
- IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, specifically under our Terms and Condition for the use of our Services available on our Site, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with the Services you request). In this case, we may have to cancel the Services you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
- HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our Services;
- create an account on our Site;
- subscribe to our Service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you; or
- give us feedback or contact us.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from analytics providers
- Contact and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
- Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Our Site may use certain cookies, pixels, beacons, log files and other technologies of which you should be aware. You can opt out of this at any time by changing the settings on your device.
- HOW LONG WILL YOU USE MY PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
- OPTING OUT
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into the Site and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences or by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
- SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to keeping the personal information you provide us secure and we will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or alteration.
We have implemented information security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control from:
- unauthorised access;
- improper use or disclosure;
- unauthorised modification; and
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
All our employees and data processors (i.e. those who process your personal information on our behalf, for the purposes listed above), who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of the personal information of all users of the Site.
Cookies and similar technologies are very small text documents or pieces of code, which often include an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit our Website, your device will be asked for permission to store files on your device and access information from it. Information gathered through cookies may include the date and time of visits and how you are using our Website.
Cookies are used by us as part of our Website.
YOU CONSENT TO US USING COOKIES
YOU CAN BLOCK COOKIES
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU BLOCK COOKIES
In order to use some parts of our Website you will need to accept cookies. If you choose to withhold consent, or subsequently block cookies, some aspects of our Website may not work properly, and you may not be able to access all or part of our Website.
WHAT WE DO WITH COOKIES
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.